Thursday, July 29, 2010

Handmade Doll Clothes & Pillow!

Hi everyone! :)

This week I have been doing a sewing camp and I have been doing lots of projects! I got all of my fabric

from Jo Ann's Fabric Store.Here is what I've made so far this week!

Watermelon Print Skort and White Shirt
Modeled by: Chrissa





















Chrissa models it





















Closeup

Polkadot Shorts- Modeled by: Lanie





















Cutie :)







































Closeup- These were really easy to make!

Personalized Name Pillow
















It says my name! :) I think I'm going to make more of these for my family members.

I'm going to be making a lot more clothing for my dolls at sewing camp! I'll be doing more posts as I make more clothes!

Do you like to sew? Have you ever made any outfits for your doll?

~Anne~

10 comments:

  1. I love the shorts! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not sewn anything for my dolls .. but I crochet for my girls and they have a lot of homemade things from Nana ..

    You are doing great .. keep having fun at sewing camp .. we cannot wait to see what else you make ..

    Kelsyee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pattern did you use for the shorts? they're adorable!! And the pillow was cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shorts are awesome, Anne!! Can we have the pattern? LOL I tried to make shorts once-disaster. :P But once I made a pair of capris for Kirsten and although they barely fit she could wear them, and we matched. :) Great job on all the projects!! I LOVE the name pillow!

    ~Quinlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the compliments, everyone! :)

    I'll be sure to find out the company and pattern number of the shorts next Monday at sewing camp. Then I will tell everyone.
    However, here is a link to some FREE doll clothes patterns! http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/doll-clothing/FREE-Make-Twirls-for-Girls-for-Toys-for-Tots.htm
    I made the wrap skirt shown in the picture today!

    ~Anne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Quinlyn! :D I'm glad she could wear the capris though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you care for a curly haired doll like lanie and ruthie?I am saving up for MAG #33 so I need help on her hair care but I still have a LONG way away from $226.90.Yep,I seriously need that much.Of course,I AM getting an outfit and some acesories with her.Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah!

    For curly haired dolls, I take each curl and comb the ends using the hair pick from American Girl. Then I finger curl it. It's easier to do this, if you spritz a little water on her hair first. That is what I do for my Lanie, Ruthie, and Rebecca. Hope this
    helps!

    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello all,

    This Watermelon Print Skirt and White Shirt looks so stylish! I like this type of doll clothes. Thanks for sharing it.....
    18 Doll Clothes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please be kind and respectful when commenting. Please do not use any bad words either. Thank you! :)