Saturday, June 18, 2011

The American Girl Place at Tysons Corner! Part One!

My mom and I got back from the American Girl Place at Tysons Corner today!! This is their Grand Opening Weekend! We woke up very early today at 6:00. We arrived at around 7:30, so we had to wait about an hour and a half to get in. We had to get tickets and we got into group two. It was pretty crowded when we got there, but not nearly as crowded as I expected. Later, a HUGE crowd was waiting outside when my mom and I left, so I am so glad we got there early. LOL I took many pictures... and I mean... MANY :) Therefore, there will be three separate posts about this trip.

The front of the BEAUTIFUL store!


American Girl!!!

This is the display at the front of the store inside the mall.


While I was waiting in line, I saw two cute little displays. :)

Julie and Ivy

Kit and Ruthie

Then at last 9:00 came, which meant the doors were opening!!! :D YAY!! I saw Ellen Brothers, the American Girl president!! It was really cool to see her!

Then we got into the store on the second floor!! I was so excited!! :D The Historical dolls, mini dolls, movies, Bistro, Sweet Shop, some souvenirs, the craft event, bookstore, and some Kanani items were on the first floor. There was a craft event where you colored in these little friendship books. I did not get a good picture of the Bistro and I was not able to get a picture of the Sweet Shop because it was so crowded. I will be sure to take photos of those places when I go again later this summer though. I, however, still took many other pictures! :)




Kanani

Everyone seemed to be especially crowded around Kanani. ;) After all, she is a very gorgeous doll!


Kanani in her pajamas


Kanani's Party Outfit, it's NEW!!


Kanani and her ice stand!


A Cute Kanani Display


\
Kanani's Starter Collection! They had a drawing for this and my mom entered for me!

And now for the Historicals.........



Felicity was there!!!!! They were having this special opportunity to buy Felicity there while supplies lasted!!!

I LOVE this outfit! I didn't get it this time though.

Rebecca Display



I like this scene. :)



Emily and Molly Display


ADORABLE

Julie's Barbecue Set!

Julie's Locker

Kit and Ruthie!



Josefina! Sorry it got blurry. :(

Julie and Ivy

Kaya and her Horses


Addy!


Julie's Bedroom!


The Movies and Cds

The Bookstore!


Going down the escalator to the first floor.... second and third parts to come SOON!! :)

Did you go to the Grand Opening of the Tysons American Girl Place? Have you ever been to an American Girl Place? What is your favorite part of the American Girl Place?

~Anne~

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Ag stores are soooo fun! I went to the one in chicago. It was really great. Can't wait for your next post. Did you buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've been to the Dallas Americangirl Place! :) I love the entire store! :) What was your favorite part? And where is the Tyson store located (what city), if you don't mind me asking? You are so lucky, Anne! :)I wanted to go to the AG grand opening for the D.C store, but Caelen is going. :) Thanks! Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to the Seattle Grand opening! I can not wait! Only one more month..... *Sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls! :)

    Olivia that is so cool! I hope you have fun!

    Hannah, it is located in McLean, Virginia right near Washington DC. My favorite part was seeing the dolls and the souvenirs!

    Rachel, I did buy a few things. You can see pictures of them on my latest post. I bought the DC Tee, Beach Set, White Capris, Sweet Skort, and the Party Treats Set! I also got free little books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Please be kind and respectful when commenting. Please do not use any bad words either. Thank you! :)